Martes, Pebrero 19, 2013

Way back home in Guimaras

Guimaras Island is the hometown of my father. It is famous for producing the sweetest mangoes in the world. Aside from the mangoes, it also offers picturesque beaches, waterfalls and caves to name a few. We really wanna visit the place and see its beauty plus get the chance to eat the sweetest mangoes and meet our relatives.

Courtesy of Welcome To Guimaras facebook page

August 2012. Finally, my sister found out that ZestAir is currently offering their zero fare promo. She booked a roundtrip (MNL-ILO-MNL) for the six of us - Tatay, Nanay, Cheng (her), Epie (me), Ewin & my cute 1 yr. old nephew Kian. We are so happy especially my father since he hasn't been there for almost 40 years.

Our tickets ^^

February 16, 2013. The long wait is over. We woke up early and rode a metered taxi worth 250php to catch our 4:15 AM flight to Iloilo.

My family minus Pips and Yeyeng (my other younger siblings)

It's really nice to feel that you're traveling with your family. Actually, it's our first trip together though my other two siblings were not able to join us. They are first timers to ride the plane except for my sister Cheng.

5:20 AM. Touchdown Iloilo. We took pictures in and out of the airport. The funny thing is my mother was lost for a few minutes after riding the van and the driver took her off as he thought that she's the only one to travel. Lol. XD

Iloilo Airport (sorry for the blurred picture)

We rode the airport van worth 600php to MacArthur's Wharf and the travel time is almost two hours. We didn't went to Ortiz Wharf as it is heading to Jordan, Guimaras. We didn't stop for breakfast since my father told us that we'll just eat in Guimaras.

From there, we happened to meet our father's cousin. How lucky! We rode the boat which costs 14.50php each to Buenavista, Guimaras.

Kian making funny faces during our boat travel


It only took us 15-20 minutes to get there since Guimaras Island is just a few distance away from Iloilo.

Buenavista Wharf

We went straight to my father's cousin who's house/store is just a few walks away from the wharf. My father is so excited to see them again. After an hour or two, we rode a tricycle to go straight to his cousin's house in San Miguel. We just dropped by to keep our bags then went off for a ride again to meet our relatives in East Valencia and other part of Buenavista. Well, we didn't know that relatives are like the whole barangay. XD

Siesta

My emo brother who's so bored that day

Freshly picked from the coconut tree ^^


Us with Lolo Cerafio

February 17, 2013. We woke up early to watch Paraw Regatta. Unfortunately since Alobijod is really far from Sto. Rosario, we just went straight there to experience the beach.

I couldn't remember the entrance fee in Alobijod Beach Cove but I know it is less than 50php each. We got a discount since most of us (excluding my family) are living in Guimaras. We really enjoyed the beach even for just a few hours.

Alobijod Beach Cove

Meowth ^^

Cousins

Beach bums

 Kian is so afraid of the water -_-

Kian's happy face :)

On our way back to Sto. Rosario, we stopped in Jordan to buy some souvenirs. This is one of my favorites when I travel, happy heart with a crying pocket. XD


Souvenir Shop

Mango keychains ^^

After buying souvenirs, we went straight to Daragan, the beloved barangay of my father. We've met a few relatives and I can really see my father's happy face again. Sad to say, he wasn't able to show us where their old house was located.

That night we went to pantalan just to see a glimpse of Iloilo. We rode a tricycle and Kian don't wanna go out when he saw the water. Oh my, he got his water phobia. Maybe he'll get over it after so many beach and pool trips. We've had a few chat before we went home and packed our things as we are living tomorrow afternoon.

February 18, 2013. Again, we woke up early to eat breakfast and prepare ourselves for our Daliran Cave experience.

We bought lots of mangoes for our pasalubong before we head to the cave. 

Guimaras mangoes, the sweetest!! ^^

 Picture picture before the trek :)

My family & I in ala Twilight pose

It took us more than 30 minutes before we reach the cave since most of us are not used to trek. I haven't run for months now and with this, 'hingal kabayo ang peg'.

Daliran Cave entrance


We just stayed there for a minutes before we decided to leave the place. Funny thing is it took us longer to reach the cave compared to the time we spent there.

February 18, 2013 (Afternoon). Our vacation is over. Time to say goodbye to our beloved Guimaras.


I took a picture of this sign board before we depart


Me & my brother on our way to Iloilo

We dropped by in SM City Iloilo to eat before we head to the airport. It's nice to know that they have traveler's lounge for our heavy baggage.

Bought a mug for my Iloilo souvenir

We rode another van to the airport. You will really see the difference between the airport van and ordinary van. 

We've waited for a few minutes at the airport then time to say goodbye to Iloilo. I will definitely miss this place and I will surely go back. I am hoping I have more time to spend so that I can also visit the city and eat their famous dishes.

We're home by past 9pm. I took a nap and prepare for work. Yes, night shift at work right after our flight. Tired but happy. :)

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento